Welcome to the forums.

Interviews Forums General Forum Welcome to the forums.

This topic contains 43 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Kristopher 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

andrergsanchez
    Participant

Kris: “How did I manage to awaken in my backyard with the door locked from the inside still?”

Wild. But… are you sure it wasn’t a false awakening?

andrergsanchez
    Participant

Ian: “assuming lol… I am not already having that dream that lasts a lifetime right now ;)”

I think it’s time to wake up Paul. we are going to be late for school. Can’t you hear mother calling?

Kristopher
    Participant

Kris: “How did I manage to awaken in my backyard with the door locked from the inside still?”
    Wild. But… are you sure it wasn’t a false awakening?

What’s a false awakening?

I’m a bit ignorant to many terms used.

Kristopher

andrergsanchez
    Participant

In a nutshell, it’s when you dream that you woke up. What did you do after waking up in your backyard? How did you get back inside if the door was locked? When did you go back to sleep after that? Did you interact with someone (call a locksmith, neghbor, family member), or do something (break in the door, immediately go and write on your journal about this weird thing that just happened) that you can verify?

Kristopher
    Participant

In a nutshell, it’s when you dream that you woke up. What did you do after waking up in your backyard? How did you get back inside if the door was locked? When did you go back to sleep after that? Did you interact with someone (call a locksmith, neghbor, family member), or do something (break in the door, immediately go and write on your journal about this weird thing that just happened) that you can verify?

~

Ah, Ok. I had to bang on the sliding glass door to get my girlfriends attention and let me back in.

I recall the first time this occurred…Was about 13 years old. Our uncle had driven his truck with camper out to visit us. One night I was Dreaming I was walking around the truck/camper examining it. It was night time, yet there was enough moon light to see clearly. I went to the back of the truck and the camper door was open and our cousin was lying on the floor, asleep, with his head near the doorway. I recall stooping down to get a close look at his face. I found it fascinating watching him sleeping, breathing and such. So fascinating in fact that it woke me up right there on the spot. This was the strangest sensation I’d ever had. I was standing there asleep in a Dream, and then I felt as if I’d come up from the depths of something, and there I was, awake. My eyes were open in Dreaming as well as open when I woke up as well. It’s as if something inside me switched; from Dreaming to waking with my eyes open. Once I realized I was ‘awake,’ the first thing I felt was the hard ground and small rocks sticking into the bottom of my feet. I was nude other than underwear, and then I realized I was cold. I gingerly walked back down to our house and once again had to bang on the locked door for my parents to let me back in. They asked me what the hell I was doing wandering around half-naked in the middle of the night, outside, yet we all just chalked it up to sleepwalking. Once again though, the door was locked. Sure, this door I could have locked after I left the house and closed the door behind me…who knows?

It’s all good 🙂

Kris

Kristopher

Kristopher
    Participant

~

I was just examining this yesterday and this morning I was just asked this question on another board: “When in your Dream (as mentioned above,) when you went to sleep each night still within the Dream, did you Dream other Dreams?” The answer is yes.

While within the middle east Dream as mentioned above, each night when I would ‘go to sleep,’ I’d have other Dreaming experiences. One was that I was back in this physical world in my backyard. While awake each morning I walk out into the cold, wet grass after the sprinklers are done watering. As I live in the hot desert this always feels nice on my bare feet. In the second Dream above I did this within Dreaming. It felt so good that I dropped to my knees, then to a seiza sitting position to enjoy the feeling of the cold wetness. I just sat there and enjoyed this sensation while gazing at the blades of grass with water droplets on them. I had many other Dreams like this, but you get the gist of it.

About eight years ago I had a very profound Dream such as those mentioned above. I was Dreaming three locations at once. I could shift my perception/awareness to being in my bed sleeping, on a sandy ocean beach, then split off my attention(?) again to being in the water, swimming, all at the same time. In the Dream where I was swimming in the ocean I’d think to myself, “Hey, what is my Dreaming body that’s sitting on the beach doing?” and then I’d shift my perception/awareness back to that location and I’d be back sitting in the sand on the beach. I’d also do this to my physical body back in bed; slightly awaken to verify where I was, then back to the other two locations. Although in the Dream above I never shifted back to being in my bed, it’s pretty cool.

Kris

Kristopher

YouAreDreaming
    YouAreDreaming
    Keymaster

~
    I was just examining this yesterday and this morning I was just asked this question on another board: “When in your Dream (as mentioned above,) when you went to sleep each night still within the Dream, did you Dream other Dreams?” The answer is yes.
    While within the middle east Dream as mentioned above, each night when I would ‘go to sleep,’ I’d have other Dreaming experiences. One was that I was back in this physical world in my backyard. While awake each morning I walk out into the cold, wet grass after the sprinklers are done watering. As I live in the hot desert this always feels nice on my bare feet. In the second Dream above I did this within Dreaming. It felt so good that I dropped to my knees, then to a seiza sitting position to enjoy the feeling of the cold wetness. I just sat there and enjoyed this sensation while gazing at the blades of grass with water droplets on them. I had many other Dreams like this, but you get the gist of it.
    About eight years ago I had a very profound Dream such as those mentioned above. I was Dreaming three locations at once. I could shift my perception/awareness to being in my bed sleeping, on a sandy ocean beach, then split off my attention(?) again to being in the water, swimming, all at the same time. In the Dream where I was swimming in the ocean I’d think to myself, “Hey, what is my Dreaming body that’s sitting on the beach doing?” and then I’d shift my perception/awareness back to that location and I’d be back sitting in the sand on the beach. I’d also do this to my physical body back in bed; slightly awaken to verify where I was, then back to the other two locations. Although in the Dream above I never shifted back to being in my bed, it’s pretty cool.
    Kris

The nice thing about everything you are talking about, it fits in with how I’ve experiencded similar types of dreams. In dreams that extend into days/weeks I sleep and dream in those dreams also. I like the term “dream locked” which was coined on another forum. Again, not everyone will have these types of dreams but then I don’t think everyone is really skilled at the art of dreaming to have them.

As for multiple dreams at once, absolutely. I’ve observed similar with the most I could observe at once was 8. What was interesting for me at least is I saw them each as a circular 2D shape with and behind the shape was a line or datastream; I could focus on one of these dream nodes and enter a dream, return to the multi-process view and enter into another node.

It doesn’t happen often, but enough that I can relate to how we dream more than one dream at once and likely do all the time but we have become so constrained by our waking 3rd dimensional point-of-view that we need to serialize this information into a frame-by-frame 3D view. Perhaps this alludes to 5th dimensional or even 6th dimensional information processing within our consciousness during sleep.

So much that needs to be researched and documented such as these potentials to better understand the mechanics of dreaming. I’m glad you recommended the forum Kris because these discussions are very, very rewarding and relevant to experiences that I’ve had also.

Wish we were taught dreaming in school as a major because it really opens up a huge potential for humanity; a part of us that has to stop being treated as a taboo and start being lived as an experience of human potential.

Great stuff!

Ian

Kristopher
    Participant

~

Ian wrote: “As for multiple dreams at once, absolutely. I’ve observed similar with the most I could observe at once was 8. What was interesting for me at least is I saw them each as a circular 2D shape with and behind the shape was a line or datastream; I could focus on one of these dream nodes and enter a dream, return to the multi-process view and enter into another node.”

Yeah, same thing. I was once Dreaming and I entered an elevator. As opposed to ‘floors,’ it was as you mentioned above. Different Dreaming datastreams. I could pick and choose, enter whichever one I wanted.

Kristopher

andrergsanchez
    Participant

“Ah, Ok. I had to bang on the sliding glass door to get my girlfriends attention and let me back in.”

Yes, but does she remember this? Or could you have dreamt the whole thing, all the way to the time you woke up next?

Kristopher
    Participant

“Ah, Ok. I had to bang on the sliding glass door to get my girlfriends attention and let me back in.”
    Yes, but does she remember this? Or could you have dreamt the whole thing, all the way to the time you woke up next?

~

Yes, she remembers this. After she let me inside I went upstairs and showered then headed off to work.

Kristopher

YouAreDreaming
    YouAreDreaming
    Keymaster

Yeah, same thing. I was once Dreaming and I entered an elevator. As opposed to ‘floors,’ it was as you mentioned above. Different Dreaming datastreams. I could pick and choose, enter whichever one I wanted.

Although the term “datastream” is metaphorical of a computer information stream, it useful as a word to describe the flow of multiple conduits of information presented in dreams. More closely, I do believe this is a structured language as Robert A. Monroe describes as “Non-verbal Communication” [NVC] between various aspects of our compartmentalized consciousness and unconsciousness.

How we multi-process into many dreams at once again is likely just the way it always is. We are very involved in producing content that forms these dreams in many various degrees of ourselves. It’s very fascinating to experience. Why so much dream content? What does it serve? Why can we only tune into one stream at a time? Raises a lot of questions.

Cosmo1975
    Participant

Had sleep paralysis this morning, this time I told myself not to panic, and to relax and see where I could go. Upon relaxing about it, I started to hear a buzzing sound, then realized it was my body vibrating..I immediately freaked and did my usual to wake myself. Is the vibrating normal? I have never felt than before , in the past I wake in my lucid dreams and know that I am dreaming, this was only the sleep paralysis which I was going to create my dream world for the first time knowingly. Thanks, Eva

YouAreDreaming
    YouAreDreaming
    Keymaster

Hi Eva,

The buzzing and vibrations are normal, they may be frightening only in that it’s a new feeling but harmless, and quite common for people who enter into sleep consciously this is an expected sensation, when you feel them try rolling to the side or in place because you’ll likely have a fun adventure in OBE land.

Kristopher
    Participant

Hi Eva,
    The buzzing and vibrations are normal, they may be frightening only in that it’s a new feeling but harmless, and quite common for people who enter into sleep consciously this is an expected sensation, when you feel them try rolling to the side or in place because you’ll likely have a fun adventure in OBE land.

What Ian said 😉

My own experience with this…whew, tough. I always felt as if I were dying when this would occur. Never happened in bed at night, only while napping during the day. Took me a year or two to get through this. Finally, I just accepted the fact that I was dying and allowed the process to complete itself. Then, bingo, I began moving out of body, which for me, is the same as Dreaming.

Kristopher

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.