Welcome to the forums.

Interviews Forums General Forum Welcome to the forums.

This topic contains 43 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Kristopher 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    YouAreDreaming
    YouAreDreaming
    Keymaster

By request, here is a simple forum area if you are interested in having a conversation related to your own personal experiences with dreaming.

Kristopher
    Participant

~

Thanks for adding a discussion board Ian and it’s a pleasure to meet you.

I’ve read a couple of your .pdf files and I’m now reading your book, You Are Dreaming. Good stuff!

I’ll post more as time permits.

Kristopher

YouAreDreaming
    YouAreDreaming
    Keymaster

~
    Thanks for adding a discussion board Ian and it’s a pleasure to meet you.
    I’ve read a couple of your .pdf files and I’m now reading your book, You Are Dreaming. Good stuff!
    I’ll post more as time permits.

Thanks Kris,

I hope you enjoy the material. I’m quite enthusiastic with regards to dreaming so much of what you will read derives itself based on my personal experiences with them. The hope is that it resonates with what other people are already experiencing with their own dreaming and also provide information that may help them improve the quality of their dream content.

After all, we were born with nature’s version of a virtual reality simulator, so why not learn how to use it.

Best Regards,

Ian

parni11a
    parni11a
    Participant

Well. What a coincidence! I would LOVE to converse about dreams. I found your website and this forum today, and it appears that you began the forum only days ago. It looks like I am just in time!

I found my way here after reading a post you made on GLP in response to a thread entitled, “Collection of Foundation Beliefs on Reality”. You wrote:

“As reality is composed of dreams, this also means that reality is a Universal Language that we are involved in whereby each of us are communicating with a larger reality system through a conduit of non-verbal communication.”

I was both impressed and intrigued by what you might know. I followed the link you left in the post and here I am!

More on that later.

First, an introduction. As far back as I can recall, I have been fascinated with dreams. I have solid memories of my dreams. There are some dream places that I have returned to over and over again, even after decades of having first visited those dream places.

In the 70’s, I began reading the Seth material, written by Jane Roberts. Seth offers a lot of information about dreams and “dream artistry”. Around ten or twelve years ago, it struck me that Seth was giving instructions for handling THIS dream! I slapped my forehead with that revelation. Everything suddenly made sense. We are dreaming right now!

I have so much to share on this subject. We are dreaming right now. What we think of as reality is a dream!

I have also read Tom Campbell, who you mention in a blog entry (well, I bought the trilogy he wrote and I am still part-way through Section 2. The book is over 800 pages long, so this is taking me awhile to finish). I have listened to hours of his lectures on video.

A project that I am currently working on is to manipulate the dream I am in at this moment. I feel encouraged by little successes. My experiments with becoming lucid in THIS dream is also exposing some other unanticipated elements of reality (or, perhaps more accurately, elements of unreality).

Thank you for this forum! I was looking for a group exactly like this one, formed by someone like yourself, Ian, who is educated in this subject of dreaming/reality.

YouAreDreaming
    YouAreDreaming
    Keymaster

Well. What a coincidence! I would LOVE to converse about dreams. I found your website and this forum today, and it appears that you began the forum only days ago. It looks like I am just in time!
    I found my way here after reading a post you made on GLP in response to a thread entitled, “Collection of Foundation Beliefs on Reality”. You wrote:
    “As reality is composed of dreams, this also means that reality is a Universal Language that we are involved in whereby each of us are communicating with a larger reality system through a conduit of non-verbal communication.”
    I was both impressed and intrigued by what you might know. I followed the link you left in the post and here I am!
    More on that later.
    First, an introduction. As far back as I can recall, I have been fascinated with dreams. I have solid memories of my dreams. There are some dream places that I have returned to over and over again, even after decades of having first visited those dream places.
    In the 70’s, I began reading the Seth material, written by Jane Roberts. Seth offers a lot of information about dreams and “dream artistry”. Around ten or twelve years ago, it struck me that Seth was giving instructions for handling THIS dream! I slapped my forehead with that revelation. Everything suddenly made sense. We are dreaming right now!
    I have so much to share on this subject. We are dreaming right now. What we think of as reality is a dream!
    I have also read Tom Campbell, who you mention in a blog entry (well, I bought the trilogy he wrote and I am still part-way through Section 2. The book is over 800 pages long, so this is taking me awhile to finish). I have listened to hours of his lectures on video.
    A project that I am currently working on is to manipulate the dream I am in at this moment. I feel encouraged by little successes. My experiments with becoming lucid in THIS dream is also exposing some other unanticipated elements of reality (or, perhaps more accurately, elements of unreality).
    Thank you for this forum! I was looking for a group exactly like this one, formed by someone like yourself, Ian, who is educated in this subject of dreaming/reality.

Hi Parni11a,

You can thank Kris for asking me to create the forum. I wasn’t all that interested as in the past I had a phpBB forum that was so over-burdened by spam I lost interest in that attention. Thus I think creating a very low-key forum may be easier to manage and open the door for people like yourself who want to discuss these exciting possibilities that exist within the act of dreaming.

I’d love to hear some of your lucid dream experiments that relate back to this reality as I seldom find people who actually share in that quality of lucid dream experience. For me as you likely know by now it was directly relational to literal precognitive dreams where I would bridge lucid dream awareness with that specific type of dream content.

I think Tom’s work is amazing, he’s been a big inspiration in my desire to keep sharing in this particular direction of thinking with regards to dreams, consciousness and reality theory.

As you have that reality is a dream perspective, I’ll share a PDF by Timothy Conway called, “This is All a Dream” where he dives into the history of people through out the ages who have come to this particular realization.

http://www.enlightened-spirituality.org/support-files/this_is_all_a_dream.pdf

I really enjoyed it as I too share in that same perpective thanks to my experimentation and research into lucid precognitive dreaming.

Best Regards and Welcome to my mini-forum,

Ian

Kristopher
    Participant

~

Hi P!

You mentioned being becoming lucid in this waking world and then Ian replied with a link entitled ‘Spiritual Enlightenment’ so figured I’d chime in here as well 😉

There’s a series of books by the author Jed McKenna that detail out enlightenment nicely. Some say his name is a fake, that he’s ‘so and so, or such and such,’ yet it doesn’t matter to me who he is. I began using what he has described in his books many years ago and works like a charm.

To tie this back around to Dreaming, when we begin to ‘lose ourself,’ meaning, our emotionally charged beliefs, Dreaming really kicks into high gear. (At least for me.) For me, ‘waking up’ while awake is enlightenment, truth realization. When I began to get my life in order while awake, my Dreaming attention became very keen. Waking/Sleeping/Dreaming are two sides of the same coin.

I don’t have much time now-a-days to post, but figured I’d chime in here just a bit and say hi 😉

Kristopher

YouAreDreaming
    YouAreDreaming
    Keymaster

Hi Kris,

Thanks for stopping by again. I googled Jed McKenna and you are right that people think he’s assumed some other identity for his works. Not that it invalidates his work obviously perhaps no desire for public focus on him as a person.

Will have to add the books to my ever growing library wish list 😉

Have a great weekend,

Ian

parni11a
    parni11a
    Participant

Hello, Kris! Thank you for convincing Ian to form this spot for us to talk. For me, it feels good to be able to share ideas with others. I also very much like hearing the ideas of others. I learn a lot just from listening.

I looked up Jed McKenna. When I went to amazon searching for his books, I thought, “Oh no! Another trilogy!” lol. But, I also see him scattered across the Internet, so I have begun reading here and there. This looks like a fellow who has done his homework. I am curious as to what advice he has given that has helped you.

Ian, I am still reading “This is All A Dream” from the link you gave. There is so much here to comment on! This is a terrific paper!

The following is certainly something to consider:

“The very idea of going beyond the dream is illusory. Why go anywhere? Just realize that you are dreaming a dream you call the world and stop looking for a way out. The dream is not your problem. Your problem is that you like one part of your dream and not another. Love all or none of it and stop complaining. When you have seen the dream as a dream, you have done all that needs to be done.”

“When you see your dream as a dream, you wake up…. You need not bring your dream to a definite conclusion, or make it noble or happy or beautiful; all you need is to realize that you are dreaming.”

I am glad to see that not only are you interested in the physics of the dream phenomena, but that you also recognize the metaphysical qualities of it. I like to think that this is also my own basis of understanding. I think that logic can definitely be applied to the dreamstate, and that there are rules and parameters defining its functions.

On the other hand, there is something ethereal and beautiful occurring at the same time. I really don’t care for the word “spiritual” very much – it is too overused with too many foggy definitions, but when I cogitate on the notion of “essence”, I seem to touch on something that begins to feel very solid; very real.

I am posting today to stay in touch. Are we all Americans here? If so, Happy Independence Day!

Incidentally, Ian, I mistyped your name once and got “Iam”; that is, “I Am”. Is “Ian” an author’s pen name?

parni11a
    parni11a
    Participant

Just to let you all know: my name is Kathleen. I did not know what I was getting into when I registered with the main website, so I chose a unique name in order to confound spider bots trying to associate me with other activity across the Internet. I use different names everywhere I register. I have to get really creative since practically every website everywhere requests log on information now.

YouAreDreaming
    YouAreDreaming
    Keymaster

Hello, Kris! Thank you for convincing Ian to form this spot for us to talk. For me, it feels good to be able to share ideas with others. I also very much like hearing the ideas of others. I learn a lot just from listening.
    I looked up Jed McKenna. When I went to amazon searching for his books, I thought, “Oh no! Another trilogy!” lol. But, I also see him scattered across the Internet, so I have begun reading here and there. This looks like a fellow who has done his homework. I am curious as to what advice he has given that has helped you.
    Ian, I am still reading “This is All A Dream” from the link you gave. There is so much here to comment on! This is a terrific paper!
    The following is certainly something to consider:
    “The very idea of going beyond the dream is illusory. Why go anywhere? Just realize that you are dreaming a dream you call the world and stop looking for a way out. The dream is not your problem. Your problem is that you like one part of your dream and not another. Love all or none of it and stop complaining. When you have seen the dream as a dream, you have done all that needs to be done.”
    “When you see your dream as a dream, you wake up…. You need not bring your dream to a definite conclusion, or make it noble or happy or beautiful; all you need is to realize that you are dreaming.”
    I am glad to see that not only are you interested in the physics of the dream phenomena, but that you also recognize the metaphysical qualities of it. I like to think that this is also my own basis of understanding. I think that logic can definitely be applied to the dreamstate, and that there are rules and parameters defining its functions.
    On the other hand, there is something ethereal and beautiful occurring at the same time. I really don’t care for the word “spiritual” very much – it is too overused with too many foggy definitions, but when I cogitate on the notion of “essence”, I seem to touch on something that begins to feel very solid; very real.
    I am posting today to stay in touch. Are we all Americans here? If so, Happy Independence Day!
    Incidentally, Ian, I mistyped your name once and got “Iam”; that is, “I Am”. Is “Ian” an author’s pen name?

Hi Kathleen,

Timothy’s paper is excellent, he’s done a great job assembling such a rich history of people waking up to the dream. The fact we exist is amazing enough, but the fact we dream and exist within the context of our dreams is beautiful and inspiring. You’ll likely see me also redefine certain conceptual words as to avoid the many interpretations that they have. It does bring in a lot of unnecessary baggage of beliefs, superstitions and misconceptions.

Ian is my real name, I don’t have any pen names of yet. As I don’t seem to attract too much attention with my work, I think I lurk quietly enough in the vastness of the information highway. Thus so far, I have had this cozy little corner of the internet to call my home.

Thanks for stopping by!

Ian

Cosmo1975
    Participant

Wow, after many years of having no one who understood what I was living (dreaming) I have found you, Ian! I have been “visiting” my alternate world since I was 16 years old, possibly earlier. Many of my dreams became my reality in my younger days. Today, I seem to only have lucid dreams, I have learned not to panic but I still try to wake myself. I am looking forward to reading all the material, and books you have published on this topic. I have also joined the FB. Once I have learned more from this site I will be back to talk. For now, thank you, I am not crazy!! I hope this text is okay, I have never joined a group like this and do not know how to post correctly. It was not simply a “reply to post”.
    Happy Independence Day, and a Happy Canada Day to me too. Have a great weekend.

Cosmo1975
    Participant

`I will post a photo once I figure it out!

YouAreDreaming
    YouAreDreaming
    Keymaster

Wow, after many years of having no one who understood what I was living (dreaming) I have found you, Ian! I have been “visiting” my alternate world since I was 16 years old, possibly earlier. Many of my dreams became my reality in my younger days. Today, I seem to only have lucid dreams, I have learned not to panic but I still try to wake myself. I am looking forward to reading all the material, and books you have published on this topic. I have also joined the FB. Once I have learned more from this site I will be back to talk. For now, thank you, I am not crazy!! I hope this text is okay, I have never joined a group like this and do not know how to post correctly. It was not simply a “reply to post”. Happy Independence Day, and a Happy Canada Day to me too. Have a great weekend.

Welcome to my mini-forum Cosmo1975.

The forum is very new to me also, so a bit of a learning curve so hopefully this link will take you to where you can edit your avatar: http://youaredreaming.org/forums/users/admin/edit/

You not crazy, you part of an amazing reality system that we are all working towards understanding beyond our current limited paradigm.

I look forward to future discussions.

Best Regards,

Ian

Kristopher
    Participant

Yea, it took hours of painful torture to get Ian to add a discussion board. I’m kidding of course; he created it straight away. 🙂

As to what Jed’s advice has assisted me with…tough question to answer. First, he has a no BS approach. He’s ruthless, although some may say he’s just rude. If anyone who read this is into being nice, love and light, nice flowery Zen or Tibetan Buddhist compassion and saving all sentient beings, long hours of Zazen meditation, etc., etc., he’s probably not for you (although if one is attempting to ‘wake up’ he is exactly what you need). He cuts right to the point which I rather enjoy. What he provides is simple. Simple, yet not easy. He puts it all back squarely on our own shoulders, as in taking responsibility for our own awakening, which of course is what’s needed.

His process for enlightenment is called spiritual autolysis, which basically means self digestion. Dismantling and disassembling emotionally charged beliefs and ego. If anyone here is familiar with the work of Carlos Castaneda, autolysis is similar to recapitulation. Jed says to focus on two questions (which are really the same question,) Who Am I? and What’s true?

For me, Jed’s work ‘rang true,’ and I put his process to work several years ago and it accomplished what I wanted. Thus, what he’s assisted me with the most is providing a no nonsense approach to waking up. If one has interest in waking up and not deluding oneself further, I highly recommend reading his books (whether you like his style or not. The books are not about ‘him,’ either.)

I do know his first three books are available in .pdf format for free if you perform a Google search for:

Spiritual Enlightenment The Damnedest Thing.pdf

Spiritually Incorrect Enlightenment.pdf

Spiritual Warfare.pdf

Yes, I’m a hack, and attempt to get books that have been illegally scanned in as often as I can. If I had to pay for every book I’ve read, I’d be in the poor house. With that said, I do own all of Jed’s physical books as well as hundreds of others 😉

I won’t ramble anymore, as this is a Dreaming discussion board not a enlightenment board. The point I attempted to make in the previous post is that, IMHO of course, clearing away our ‘waking emotional beliefs’ assists Dreaming a great deal.

Kris

Kristopher

Kristopher
    Participant

~

I suppose this is the place for a quick introduction as well. My name is Kristopher Kelley and I stumbled upon learning about Dreaming from the books of Carlos Castaneda and his main character, Don Juan Matus, in 1988. I used to have a great deal of lucid Dreaming in my early teens, but then as I matured I focused on waking life it went away as if it never was.

I focused on the techniques Carlos wrote about, as well as a couple others, and finally managed to get my lucidity back in Dreaming. Since 1997 I’m lucid in Dreaming anytime I take a nap or at night, sleeping. I’m often asked, “How do you manage to get lucid all the time?” My reply is, “I’m not sure.” 🙂 Seriously, I don’t know. I have no fancy technique as mentioned by many authors and such. The best way to describe what it is that I do…Is it is like a switch that is just flipped on once I move out of waking to sleeping. I just know, automatically, that I’m Dreaming, and proceed from there. It’s a pretty lame explanation, but it’s the best one I have. 😉

I’ve Dreamed of the past, present and future, even Dreaming of future events that occurred exactly as they did in the Dream. I used to Dream a great deal of this physical reality, yet now-a-days, I Dream mostly of other worlds that almost defy description. Ian, and others I’m sure, say that our Dreams our are thoughts, and I agree, yet don’t fully understand it. I don’t consider myself a particularly brainy or thoughtful person, meaning, if my Dreams of these other worlds are my thoughts, how do they come about? Many of the places I’ve visited I have a difficult time describing, thus how could I have ‘thought’ it before-hand? I dunno…

Also, as I re-read this post, a bit of clarification. I use a capital ‘D’ for lucid (D)reaming, and the word dreaming for non-lucid dreaming.

I used to keep a Dream log and write out in great detail all of my dreams and Dreams, yet I’ve lost interest in writing about them, now. Dreaming, now, is to be experienced and that’s about it. If I have a particularly odd Dream I may write it out, but that’s about all.

Ok, enough for now.

Kristopher

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.