Neville Goddard

Interviews Forums General Forum Neville Goddard

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by YouAreDreaming YouAreDreaming 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

andrergsanchez
    Participant

Hey,

Are you familiar with the work of Neville Goddard? He wrote a book, “Out of This World” (http://www.nevillegoddardoutofthisworld.org/), which is essentially about lucid precognitive dreams (though he didn’t call them that). Now, he had many beliefs which I don’t necessarily share but what I find interesting is his total conviction (brought about by many personal experiences) that life adjusts itself to our imagination to such an extent that it is possible to determine specific future events by the act of dreaming. I’m still working on gaining control over my dreaming mind so I cannot comment much from personal experience but I would love to hear what open-minded dreamers such as yourself think about this.

“MANY persons, myself included, have observed events before they occurred; that is, before they occurred in this world of three dimensions. Since man can observe an event before it occurs in the three dimensions of space, life on earth must proceed according to plan, and this plan must exist else-where in another dimension and be slowly moving through our space.

If the occurring events were not in this world when they were observed, then, to be perfectly logical, they must have been out of this world.

And whatever is there to be seen before it occurs here must be “Predetermined” from the point of view of man awake in a three-dimensional world.

Thus the question arises: ―Are we able to alter our future?

My object in writing these pages is to indicate possibilities inherent in man, to show that man can alter his future; but, thus altered, it forms again a deterministic sequence starting from the point of interference – a future that will be consistent with the alteration.”

YouAreDreaming
    YouAreDreaming
    Keymaster

Hey,
    Are you familiar with the work of Neville Goddard? He wrote a book, “Out of This World” (http://www.nevillegoddardoutofthisworld.org/), which is essentially about lucid precognitive dreams (though he didn’t call them that). Now, he had many beliefs which I don’t necessarily share but what I find interesting is his total conviction (brought about by many personal experiences) that life adjusts itself to our imagination to such an extent that it is possible to determine specific future events by the act of dreaming. I’m still working on gaining control over my dreaming mind so I cannot comment much from personal experience but I would love to hear what open-minded dreamers such as yourself think about this.
    “MANY persons, myself included, have observed events before they occurred; that is, before they occurred in this world of three dimensions. Since man can observe an event before it occurs in the three dimensions of space, life on earth must proceed according to plan, and this plan must exist else-where in another dimension and be slowly moving through our space.
    If the occurring events were not in this world when they were observed, then, to be perfectly logical, they must have been out of this world.
    And whatever is there to be seen before it occurs here must be “Predetermined” from the point of view of man awake in a three-dimensional world.
    Thus the question arises: ―Are we able to alter our future?
    My object in writing these pages is to indicate possibilities inherent in man, to show that man can alter his future; but, thus altered, it forms again a deterministic sequence starting from the point of interference – a future that will be consistent with the alteration.”

Hi Andre,

Thanks for joining the forum and sharing this person of interest. I haven’t heard of him, so opened up the link and will have a good look at the website. The nature of precognition is very fascinating and for those of us in the know, from first-person experience it certainly can lead us to believe that our future is “predetermined” although, I do have a better answer for that based on my experiences with precognition.

Not sure if you are familiar with some of my explorations with lucid precognitive dreaming but I have changed the dream content and those changes did happen here. In non-lucid precognitive dreams one in particular I was able to avoid a car accident so the predetermined nature as it appears in the dream isn’t exactly as accurate a description.

What I believe it to be is “probabilistic” where the future has a 5th dimensional aspect to it, not just the 4th. If we were stuck at 4th dimensional dream content then likely it would only ever be deterministic. The 5th dimensional probability which creates several 4th dimensional possibilities is something to consider. It is my belief that in quantum mechanics, superposition of sub-atomic particles demonstrates probability within the 3rd dimensional experiments on these particles.

When a particle collapses the wave-function, it truncates from 5th dimensional data into the 4th dimensional actualized time-line and we observe the collapse as a measurement in the 3rd dimension. I support to a degree David Bohm’s Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics although I don’t think it’s infinite, rather optimized based on the current probability streams which could be limited in number. The superposition of wave-function denotes probability at work in sub-atomic particles and is a property of the 5th dimension, not the 4th. Like all higher-dimensional information observing it in a lesser dimension like the 3rd causes the extra vectors of information to truncate so that we only see xyz vectors and not delta-T and probability vectors.

So why precognition within in a probabilistic system allows for such accuracy to make it appear deterministic even though probability can be observed in content change; the answer for that lies within dream content generation at ‘run-time’. I look at the virtual reality model that our reality has emerged from a conscious singularity whereby thought has become the programming language to an informational manifold that has evolved from this singularity so that we live in a type of Universal computer founded on awareness and consciousness that uses thought to program simulations of reality, dreams and thus we are in full swing of these very complex simulations right down to our physical world as yet another type of dream simulation within a larger consciousness system.

It’s our ability to have free-will and choice that allows different outcomes to play out if we embark down a different probability stream. The larger system needs to recalculate the probability at run-time to accommodate any new choice and thus we become caught in these pre-reality processes which emerge as our precognitive dream content. I certainly credit Tom Campbell’s knowledge and experience with precognition for providing much insight into that process.

So those are some of my thoughts and beliefs relating to how precognition is relative to pre-reality probability calculations [future blue-prints] within a massive information system that functions quite satisfactory within 5th dimensional probability streams and likely more, I am stuck as far as 5th dimensional probability in my experiences so not sure what 6th or more, if they even exist could look like.

andrergsanchez
    Participant

The book I linked is probably not the best starting material on Neville. He wrote several books and lectured extensively (you can find about a hundred hour long tape recorded lectures on youtube, though some of it isn’t very interesting). The theoretical model he used is basically the same as yours, except he expressed it using different words. Many of his stories are amazing. I mention him because he had a very practical approach. It’s all well and good to theorize on the structure of reality, but the more important thing to me is how that map you make helps you navigate life and that was his focus. When he was confronted with a problem in life, be it conscription into World War 2 or the tickets to a broadway show being sold-out, he dreamed a solution. And it worked for him.

YouAreDreaming
    YouAreDreaming
    Keymaster

The book I linked is probably not the best starting material on Neville. He wrote several books and lectured extensively (you can find about a hundred hour long tape recorded lectures on youtube, though some of it isn’t very interesting). The theoretical model he used is basically the same as yours, except he expressed it using different words. Many of his stories are amazing. I mention him because he had a very practical approach. It’s all well and good to theorize on the structure of reality, but the more important thing to me is how that map you make helps you navigate life and that was his focus. When he was confronted with a problem in life, be it conscription into World War 2 or the tickets to a broadway show being sold-out, he dreamed a solution. And it worked for him.

I’ve read through the 4 chapters on the website. As you say, I’d likely have to absorb a lot more information to gain a deeper insight into his work. It’s nice to encounter people like Neville, who in some degree reminds me of J.W Dunne from that era. My problem is I haven’t read enough books on the topic and react mostly to my own desire to understand the experience based on what it presents when it occurs.

Certainly makes reality far more interesting than without it, reflecting on the years before precognition slapped me in the face; my view of the world was very different and void of such possibility. It has made me appreciate reality as a whole, with a greater level of love and respect. Even with the ups and downs that life can bring to the table, knowing we are so much more than just a physical system is a grand realization.

I admit I am just more interested in trying to understand it all than to turn a blind eye.

andrergsanchez
    Participant

As he said,

“But, because of my own experiences, I have come to believe in so many strange things that I see little reason to doubt the truth of things that are beyond my experience.”

When he started on this path, he thought it was the most stupid thing ever. Until he didn’t. Test him out. Not just by placing a triangle on a co-workers forehead in a moment of lucid awareness but actually try to induce a precognitive dream, the contents of which you determine beforehand. Good luck!

andrergsanchez
    Participant

Certainly makes reality far more interesting than without it, reflecting on the years before precognition slapped me in the face; my view of the world was very different and void of such possibility.

Just so you know, I’m really thankful for you having shared your experiences and your theoretical models. Yes, it does make reality far more interesting!

YouAreDreaming
    YouAreDreaming
    Keymaster

As he said,
    “But, because of my own experiences, I have come to believe in so many strange things that I see little reason to doubt the truth of things that are beyond my experience.”
    When he started on this path, he thought it was the most stupid thing ever. Until he didn’t. Test him out. Not just by placing a triangle on a co-workers forehead in a moment of lucid awareness but actually try to induce a precognitive dream, the contents of which you determine beforehand. Good luck!

I’ll try to source out some of the youtube lectures, he certainly sounds like he’s tumbled down the ol’ rabbit hole. My first lucid precognitive dream was all about the generation of precognitive dream content at run-time; it was so utterly mind blowing that I recoiled in a bit of fear afterwards however it also allowed me to explore some of our potential with this particular brand of dreaming that lead to the triangle event later on in life. Reality is a very powerful teacher when it wants to be.

andrergsanchez
    Participant

I’ll try to source out some of the youtube lectures, he certainly sounds like he’s tumbled down the ol’ rabbit hole.

I’ve listened to most of his lectures so I can see the context of what he is talking about in them, including when he is saying things that I just don’t think are true (at least not in the sense he thought they were). His lectures are all over the place, from very entertaining and interesting to “what the heck is he talking about?”. I can put much of what he says in the context of what I know about lucid dreaming, which wasn’t something widely known back then. He never used the term “lucid dreaming” but he does tell stories of it, and uses the expression “controlled waking dream” which could sometimes be referring to/interpreted as “lucid dreaming”. For example, he liked to drink a moderate amount of alcohol, and had most of his experiences in the morning, which indicate he unknowingly used REM supression and then a form of WBTB with REM rebound. He also would sometimes fall asleep in a chair, which I’m told is a very effective technique (haven’t managed to fall asleep in one yet though, so I don’t know). As he put it, his life was devoted to the training of his imagination.

He was very into the judeo-christian myths, as he started down this path by studying the Kaballah with an Ethiopian jew. According to him, the Bible is just an instructional manual for how to use consciousness. You can find a “booklet” which he used early on, the 1948 lessons (there are five) in which he spells much of this out. Besides that, the two books that best explain him are The Power of Awareness and The Law and The Promise. You can see in the first book that his “technique” is essentially a WILD technique. The second book is filled with stories of people who used what he taught at various levels of intensity, including some amazing stories, like being perceived by others on the other side of the country while in a dream state.

YouAreDreaming
    YouAreDreaming
    Keymaster

I’ll try to source out some of the youtube lectures, he certainly sounds like he’s tumbled down the ol’ rabbit hole.

I’ve listened to most of his lectures so I can see the context of what he is talking about in them, including when he is saying things that I just don’t think are true (at least not in the sense he thought they were). His lectures are all over the place, from very entertaining and interesting to “what the heck is he talking about?”. I can put much of what he says in the context of what I know about lucid dreaming, which wasn’t something widely known back then. He never used the term “lucid dreaming” but he does tell stories of it, and uses the expression “controlled waking dream” which could sometimes be referring to/interpreted as “lucid dreaming”. For example, he liked to drink a moderate amount of alcohol, and had most of his experiences in the morning, which indicate he unknowingly used REM supression and then a form of WBTB with REM rebound. He also would sometimes fall asleep in a chair, which I’m told is a very effective technique (haven’t managed to fall asleep in one yet though, so I don’t know). As he put it, his life was devoted to the training of his imagination.
    He was very into the judeo-christian myths, as he started down this path by studying the Kaballah with an Ethiopian jew. According to him, the Bible is just an instructional manual for how to use consciousness. You can find a “booklet” which he used early on, the 1948 lessons (there are five) in which he spells much of this out. Besides that, the two books that best explain him are The Power of Awareness and The Law and The Promise. You can see in the first book that his “technique” is essentially a WILD technique. The second book is filled with stories of people who used what he taught at various levels of intensity, including some amazing stories, like being perceived by others on the other side of the country while in a dream state.

I came across some lectures transcribed. I could relate with his work considering the era that he was coming to these ideas. The religious parallels is understandable as so many people at that time had to kind of process through those types of filters. I remember reading about Norman Malcolm who was a skeptic from that era who denied that people could lucid dream. No doubt Neville’s view on dreaming would have likely have made a person like Malcolm cringe.

I use a different set of metaphors to describe who and what we are; again these are no doubtingly influenced by cultural lingo of my era. However, we are all talking about the fact that we exist more than what we see on the surface. As far as religious overtones, I’ve replaced words like “God” with worlds like the “self” as in my point-of-view we are all part of a Universal self which many religions view as God.

It’s interesting seeing all the various ways we are describing who and what we are, and what we are relative to reality. I did like all of his views on thought manifestation and visualization; he literally had the law of attraction all figured out long before it went kind of viral.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.