Dream Training?

Interviews Forums General Forum Dream Training?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by YouAreDreaming YouAreDreaming 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    YouAreDreaming
    YouAreDreaming
    Keymaster

unless you count the engine-like vibrations/buzzing I got to a couple of times as audio feedback.

What I find really interesting about these vibrations is that the impression I get is of an engine being turned on, as if some electronic device within my skull had suddenly been activated. My experience is that it will “power down” at the slightest sign that I might be awake and I’m not at all paralyzed when I hear it, even when it’s to the point of very intense shaking. I thought the body had to first enter sleep paralysis? Well regardless I’m hoping I’ll be able to figure out how to more reliably induce this sort of thing.

The vibrations are very commonly reported when people practice going out-of-body. I have had these types of experiences also but again more linked to out-of-body exploration than lucid dreaming. The vibrations can consume the whole body and usually it’s an indicator to start to “roll” which is what I do where I will roll to the left or right and slip out into the OBE state.

Robert A. Monroe describes them in his books. OBE or lucid dream what is important is that these are indicators that we are ready to be in that state consciously when the body is asleep.

I’m glad you are working towards this goal of having more lucid dreams, just don’t let frustration get in the way. You’ll have results, I have no doubts at that.

andrergsanchez
    Participant

Just read this old article from you: http://youaredreaming.org/2010/08/06/and-old-article-from-my-defunct-geocities-site/

Great writing and very inspiring. I’ve started drawing as a way to pay more attention to visual detail in my waking life, improve that aspect of my imagination (the P in MAP). It might also help with some other things in my life but that is really the main motivation.

andrergsanchez
    Participant

Just read this old article from you: http://youaredreaming.org/2010/08/06/and-old-article-from-my-defunct-geocities-site/
    Great writing and very inspiring. I’ve started drawing as a way to pay more attention to visual detail in my waking life, improve that aspect of my imagination (the P in MAP). It might also help with some other things in my life but that is really the main motivation.

By the way, following that link and visiting your old site allowed me to find the actual, full “Course in Consciousness”. It seems that the one on this site only has the daily tasks?

YouAreDreaming
    YouAreDreaming
    Keymaster

Thanks Andre,

I will have to see if I have the revised version of the course and put it online this weekend. I’ve been very busy with work and personal life. I’ll publish my 2 week dream journal though also for the University of Bedfordshire as I have been logging down dreams.

It looks like you are starting to see some improvements with your dreaming, and that is fantastic. There is such a reward to having good dreams when you start to kick off in that direction as I am sure you are finding out.

Dreaming is it’s own realm of entertainment, I’m so shocked it’s so disregarded normally by most people but then I suppose they do not see it the same way as I do and others who find a great value in their own ability to dream.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.