Andre's Dreams

Interviews Forums General Forum Andre's Dreams

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  andrergsanchez 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

andrergsanchez
    Participant

I thought it might be helpful if I kept a public dream diary. Most of this is not likely to be very interesting, I just feel keeping the diary public will force me to put a litte more effort in remembering details.

I remember two dreams today.

First, I have a vague sense that I was in a sort of “competition”. There was like a square “fortress” and a girl dressed in a black shirt bumped into me during what seemed to be some sort of race. There was some sort of complaint by her, I vaguely recall the idea of hypnosis. The “game” restarted and there was a carpet with a pattern representing the days of the week, with alternating images, one of the images was a sort of catface/heart and the other was square. The game “master” was making some sort of explanation and asked “What do girls like/care about/find important?” and there was this idea that remembering something related to friday night was important (for girls). The images were vague (the carpet was the clearest image) and I had a weak sense of “presence” (that is, I felt like an observer, not like I was “inside” the dream. The bumping into me was more of an abstract idea than a first person experience).

Second, there was this… well between the vagueness of it and the memory issues it’s hard to explain. There was this island and this person was made dictator but then… not? This was all very symbolic, not a first person experience at all and not very explicit either. The images were about as vague as in the first dream but there was zero sense of presence, it was similar to regular thinking except without explicit verbalization.

andrergsanchez
    Participant

I set up an alarm to wake me up every 40 minutes. The idea was to try and reach a conscious hypnagogic state. It didn’t do that but it seemed to help with dream recall a lot. Twice I woke up from a dream about a minute before it went off. I also woke up one other time but I ended up losing this dream. This is what I remember.

#1 – The Drive

The first dream, from my first sleep cycle (the second time the timer was to go off, or 80 minutes into sleep) was first person, or semi-first person as I was part of the dream, though not actively engaged in anything. I was with my grandmother riding in a car with her driver (when I was younger she was rich so it seemed normal). There was some talk (the driver telling the story I think) of a war (impression of it being Iraq or Afghanistan) and certain people not wanting to stay there once the troops were pulled out. But one guy, a young italian did. There were some images of him in a motorcycle and the driver mumbled something I couldn’t understand. I asked “What?” to my grandmother and got the idea that he said (the italian) had “big balls”.

The driver then displays concern that there may be risk ahead. We pass a truck parked in a suspecious manner but no trouble. We then find a car (a pickup?) and notice there is a dead (or injured) man on it. Standing by the car there is a drunk guy (the shooter). The driver confronts the drunk guy, wanting to take the injured man to a hospital but the drunk guy makes threats and refuses to allow it. The driver just doesn’t want to let go. I seem to think the driver is being stupid and it would be better not to anger a drunk guy with a gun that seemed to be “guarding” the body of someone he seemed to have killed and call the cops instead.

#2 – Sci-fi Episode

This dream was from my last sleep cycle and was more third person, sort of like watching TV. There is a guy in a room with an “old woman”. He gets angry kicks through the wall and falls. on the ground his body is found, seemingly dead. It has a bloated belly and the cops cover it. Then it turns alive. The cops tell him not to move because it might be dangerous but his belly “heals” and he gets up. There is something about the cops hunting these dangerous super people (?) but he is too strong and escapes. He mumbles something about “getting” the old lady. When he is driving around he keeps talking about needing to be open source or in some other way find a way to keep ahead of what is inside him, he blames the old woman and seems to think he has a “virus” that is programming him and that he needs to keep on top off. He discovers by talking to an unseen person that he has some sort of special “healing” thing, that there is no virus because his body “absorbs” things very fast. He wonders if he can’t “speed up” this process by exposing himself to lots of disease.

He goes to the “detective’s” home to propose a deal, the details of which I don’t understand but it is in some sort of way about turning himself in or giving them something of value, but first going to Mexico (at the government’s expense, though it isn’t clear why as he seems to have no trouble stealing a nice car to ride around in). While there they see these airplanes in the sky, a mix between an F-16 and a stealth bomber. They are flying in formation and the fugitive says something about it looking like when the last time they went “to the stratosphere”, indicating this was something very special and dangerous (nuclear war?). The airplanes “lock” on each other forming a shape similar to one of those Imperial battle cruisers from Star Wars. They flip as if orienting to fire at the earth. But then they rise further into space and “open” forming a sort of solar panel “frame” for an orbital device of some sort. Another piece moves in and attaches.

On the ground the detective is with the higher ups and they are talking about it being a sort of spy station, having “multiple eyes” to see with very high definition on the ground. They perform a test and it is succesful. Everyone is excited and the detective says something about testing with a book, and seems to think this could be used for “educational” purposes. Another guy has this weird idea of setting up a cryo pod in space from which he could spend 50 years “catching up on his reading” without getting older. But the higher up steps in and says “enough of this nonsense!” seeming to want to shut down the whole thing, including the “agency” itself. When the detective comes back he isn’t sure how to break the news to the healer fugitive. He says something about his home seeming like a foreign place to him, like a hotel, and is glad he brought the mother of his children to live there to help raise them, though she couldn’t always be there. I woke up.

YouAreDreaming
    YouAreDreaming
    Keymaster

That’s great Andre,

How are you finding the details in the dream, are they becoming more vivid? And are you enjoying dreaming?

andrergsanchez
    Participant

Well, in-between these two reports I had a night in which I used erotic fantasies as I fell asleep. That night I had a dream which was significantly more present (first person perspective with body awareness and relatively slow stable time) and visually vivid (better colors, brightness and contrast) than usual. I’m not in the habit of having erotic fantasies at night but this made me aware of something that might have some degree of importance. That night I had frequent nocturnal erections, all the way to the time when I woke up. Most nights I don’t. REM sleep is associated with erections in men so I wonder if there might be a causal link from sexual arousal to dreaming. I’ll experiment again in the near future.

The two dreams described above were I suppose more detailed than usual but nothing striking and far less enjoyable than watching TV, though I’m glad I had and remembered them. The whole sequence had very, very low contrast/detail and even the second dream probably took less than a minute to speed through my mind.

I cannot remember any other dream yet but I was sloppy with pre-sleep preparation last night. Haven’t observed any hypnagogic sensations yet, though I had an easier time imagining external (as opposed to my inner monologue) speech yesterday.

YouAreDreaming
    YouAreDreaming
    Keymaster

I spoken with a lot of people who use dreams for sex. Why not, it can simulate it quite well without any of the consequences we have in real life. The hypnagogic experience usually happens if you are staging lucid through the shift from waking to sleep assuming the mind doesn’t succeed into tricking you to be unconscious before you pass through it.

I notice it everytime I start to fall asleep, but if I drop off right away I only catch the start. Sounds like some real progress, keep up the great work!

andrergsanchez
    Participant

I know that I dreamt more than this but I just couldn’t recall more than a single “scene”, which involved a guy (possibly me in third person) walking down a sidewalk with a narrator stressing the importance of having black/dark clothes on your lower body and white/light clothes on your upper body.

This other dream I almost missed entirely but ended up managing to recall after some struggle. It was basically a computer monitor perspective with information displayed and a sort of narration. There was a study about the epigenetic effect of electromagnetic stimulation, I remember one column listing the number of days before the effect was observed. When I moved deeper into one area of the report there was a story about a guy who was sleep deprived (on purpose). The researchers recommended he play games to stay awake. They spoke of how he had a game buddy but he couldn’t always find but he played anyway. I remember a sort of “multiplayer pre-game room” with avatar portraits. The researchers said (in narration) that he played so much and got so good he ended up quiting his job to become a pro gamer.

Overall I got the impression that I dreamt much more than I remember but I just couldn’t recall most of it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.